Most people who love riding a motorcycle would agree that there is nothing like the feeling of freedom you get on the road. It's easy to find people that love riding motorcycles. But it's even easier to find people that hate the things that come along like the motorcycle tire changing experience.
Although it is kind of unpleasant, it is extremely important to check the condition of your motorcycle before taking the road. You can get technical support by going to a service station for a total check up of your motorcycle. However, it is best that you learn at least some simple and crucial things about your bike. Knowing how to change a tire could help you to avoid some pretty complicated situations. Below you can check some tips about how to change a motorcycle tire. You can also purchase a tire changing tool kit to make your tire changing experience goes easier and faster.
Changing a motorcycle tire by yourself will also save you some money. But if you think it's too difficult to change a motorcycle tire manually, try the tube snake tool; it helps you change your motorcycle tire in an easy and quick way.
To change a motorcycle tire manually you have to follow these instructions:
* Use a wrench to loosen the nuts so that the wheels will come off.
* Now deflate the tire and slide the rounded end of the tire between the tire tool and the rim. Be careful to not pinch the tire. Take the tire away from the rim by locking the free end of the tire tool into the spokes.
* Slide the other tire tool between the rim and the tire. Work this tool around the rim until the tire comes out by itself.
* If the tool gets stuck, lock the free end into the spokes and start again working with a third tire tool. Now remove the tire and the inner tube from the rim.
To install a new tire, follow the instructions:
* Take a new tire and slip one edge of it around the rim. You can do this either manually or you can use a tool.
* Place the new tube completely inside the tire making sure you line up the inner tube valve with the valve hole in the rim (the tube snake will help with this step!). Now push the tube inside the rim. Push the tire as much as possible in the second edge of the rim. Continue fitting the tube into the tire until it fits appropriated.
* If some portion is not installed, insert a tire tool between the rim and the tire. Lever the tool upward to fit the tire over the rim edge. If necessary, you can also use a second tool to fit the tube.
* Roll the tire into the place over the rim edge. Work gently to avoid snapping the tire as this tends to pinch the tube and cause air leaks. Inflate the tire to the recommended pressure written on the side of the tire. Now you have successfully changed the tire of your motorcycle!
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!